Monday, August 6, 2012

It's DONE!!!

I mentioned a few posts ago that we were working on putting a sprinkler system in our yard. 
And that project, I am happy to say, is finished (with just have a few little tweeks left to do).  HIP HIP HOORAY!!!  It's been a long (for me) and hard (for Mark) project but it was much needed and will be well worth it.  Our lawn has taken a severe beating these last few weeks and it will be great to get some consistent watering on it so it can "heal". 
The girls loved to help Mark dig holes and fetch tools for him. 

Even Lucy spent some time helping.
Oops!
  However, most of the time Lucy and I just watched!
And the girls played in the Sandbox with our neighbors!  Sorry daddy!
 There were probably close to 100 holes or trenches Mark had to dig! 
But thanks to our wonderful neighbor . . .  he didn't have to dig them alone!
During the sprinkler project we also decided to fill some flower beds with sod.
It was a HUGE project but I am so grateful for all the help we received.  We could not have done it with out you!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

You have no idea what "taking a beating" even means. Your grass is green! Ours is brown and crunchy. Missouri is in its first drought in like 150 years. And nobody out here has sprinkler system. Except for the random Mexican around the corner. I think I will bring my swimsuit and head over to your place!