I LOVE Fall!
For many reasons...... obviously!
But one thing in particular that I'm very proud of! Canning! I LOVE canning season!
Not that I'm really good at it! (I don't think I've ever attempted it alone!)
But merely for the bonding time with my mom and grandma,
and the satisfaction I feel at the end of the day to see the beautifully preserved produce.
There's not too many things better than hearing the pop of a succesfully sealed jar! Am I right?
This season we were creative and tried a few new things.
Here's what we did.
Grape Juice
Pears
Peach Pie Filling (I'm anxious to try it out!)
Potatoes (I haven't tried it yet, but my mom has. They LOVE them!)
Salsa
Jalapenos
Banana Peppers/Peppercinis
Pickled Beets (not for us, but my family. Just gotta say, they were BEAUTIFUL!)
3 comments:
I'm moving in with you!
Way to go!! Man that is one other major thing I miss about not living by you - canning with you!! You tried out some very interesting new canning items!! I am very impressed!!
LOVE canning season and I agree-nothing more satisfying than the seal pop of the lid! Also,I have to do it alone. =(
Post a Comment