I LOVE spring because...
It's sunny and warm! (even if the thermometer reads only 40 degrees! It still feels warm!)
The sight of fresh green blades of grass peaking out in the very dead lawn.
The teeny tiny buds on the trees promising to one day bring shade and fruit and beauty!
Spring Cleaning! There's just something in the air that fills me with the motivation to get things done!
Easter! (and with that Cadbury Mini Eggs! Uh, Yum!)
My sweet Hannah's birthday!
Ultimately, the feeling of refreshment and renewal and rebirth!
And speaking of birth..... I absolutely LOVE the cute baby animals being born in the spring!
This year we had the opportunity to take the girls to see some baby animals!
A family in our ward are true blue through and through animal farmers.
Like the type I have always heard about but never really seen!
They've got it all....pigs, goats, sheep, cows, chickens, bunnies, oxen, and horses (seriously is there anything else?)
And they are right smack dab in the middle of baby season.
Their kids go to Mark's school and one day they mentioned to him that 16 little piglets were born that day.
Awww!
So we just had to come take a look.
The girls were a bit nervous at first, but eventually they warmed up to the sweet little cuties!
First thing we got to see was this baby pig and goat! And we are talking fresh babies here!
Like only a half a day old... FRESH!
This was the first time I had seen a baby pig, like EVER! It was so tiny!
And yep...he really kissed it! Twice! I didn't get the picture the first time!
Then we got to go out to the barn to see the other babies!
This goat is actually the same goat from inside. The momma wasn't taking care of it so Sister Little brought it inside to clean it up and to feed it. But he (or she, I don't even know!) was doing pretty good at this point so they brought it out to be with the momma goat! They had to literally tie the momma up to even give the babies a chance to nurse!
It broke my heart thinking about how she didn't even care about her babies!
I LOVE my babies more than anything in this world!
Each and EVERY one of them!
So after the goats we got to see some more pigs.
The pig from inside was the runt of this bunch. Or is it herd?
It was feeding time for these babies and I was so happy to see that this momma was taking care of her babies!
So this was also the first time I had seen a REAL pig! I could not believe how HUGE they were!
Once they were all fed the baby piglets all lined up and fell asleep!
How cute is that?
After that we got to see the cows, horses, oxen, and chickens.
On our way out we got to see the bunnies! And by this time the girls were ready to hold it themselves!
On our way home all the girls talked about was how they wanted to get a baby pig!
We then had a serious discussion on how baby pigs eventually grow up to be big HUGE pigs! :)
Thank you Little Family for showing us all your baby animals. We will definitely be back again to see more!
2 comments:
So jealous! I am with you and love spring time with all the little babies!! Looks like dave is going to be one of those farmers..they have like 10 cows now and I guess pigs are on the plan for this summer i think??
How fun...btw little Samuel has the prettiest eyes!
Post a Comment