Thursday, June 26, 2008

"No tell 'em" Lake! Aaaw! This is the life!

Last Saturday we spent the day fishing at "No tell 'em" Lake! This is a lake we have been fishing at for years, and is one of our favorite places in the world. We like to think that we are the only ones who know where it is located, and up until now I actually DID believe it. Unfortunately I have just recently found out that this lake has an actual name, and can be found on almost any map of this region. (Don't even think about getting the real name from us!) It shattered all hopes and dreams of ownership of this wonderful and beautiful lake.

Here see for yourself!

Mark, Abby, and I did not participate in the fishing festivities, we more or less went along for the ride. My parents brought their raft and so we spent most of the time drifting lazily upon the water. Abby loved it! She loved looking at her reflection in the water, she loved splashing in the water, she would have jumped right in if we would have let her! When we had to leave she was heartbroken! My parents also brought along their four-wheelers. Again Abby loved the thrill of the ride. We went on this little trail up the mountain! I hate to even mention this but there was snow...yes, SNOW! I was so surprised at how much snow! We had to blaze our way through piles of snow, only to reach the top of the mountain to see the most breathtaking view (maybe that's a little dramatic) of the Tetons! It was such a beautiful day and you could see them so clearly! (Although the pictures don't do it justice...I had to settle for pictures from my sisters camera... I, like a dummy, had forgotten mine!)

The piles of snow we had to break through to pass! "Come on Dad, Let's get going"

What a view!!!

"Look Mom, No Hands!" After our little joy ride, we had a picnic and hit the lake for more floatin'. Abby got so excited to be back in the raft she could hardly contain herself (and neither could I!).

"Aaaww! Mom, Just let me jump in... Please!"

Well anyways, we spent a fabulous day at "No tell 'em" Lake! And we look forward to many more days spent in the peaceful surroundings of this wonderful place!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love hearing about how you guys are doing. Sounds like a fun trip!

JeNnA said...

Hi Hillary!! Abby is darling.. and i can't believe there was snow that you had to get through! and way cool that cody got home! fun trip and cute blog!

Whitney said...

I love the new look! What a fun trip!

JeNnA said...

hey hillary. i have to go private so i was wondering if i could have your gmail address and e-mail it to jen_banana@hotmail.com

Morgan said...

We are going to soon have a private blog...weird story. Anyway, email me your email to fedabikini@hotmail.com and then I will email you an invite to our blog!
cute pics of your girl!

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun! we are going to island park this weekend with my family camping! abby is getting so big holy cow. are you guys still in rexburg

Brian said...

Marky Mark, your little girl is adorable!! Seeing your pictures made me miss Idaho, especially now that I'm living here in the Arizona desert. Hope your family is doing well. Take care!