Sunday, April 26, 2009

The newest addition to our Family!!!

Hannah Lynn Bates Born - Tuesday, April 21st 2009 @ 1:16 pm Weight - 7 lbs 9 ozs Height - 19 inches
Well, I can't believe it, I am a mother of two...count them TWO kids! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Having Hannah come into our lives has been so much fun. There is nothing like a brand new baby to remind you of the important things in life. (Patience...long suffering...among other things!) Anyways, Hannah's delivery brings no traumatic stories to tell(no meconium...no Special Care Nursery) just a happy and healthy baby. Thank goodness! Here are a few pictures of Hannah first few days here!

She was born with tons of dark hair!!!

It took awhile for Abby to warm up to Hannah, (and at the hospital, she would have nothing to do with me) but after a little coaxing (and a couple of days) she has become a helpful and loving big sister. (We are now working on being a gentle big sister!)

Hannah's first day home! Welcome Home Sweet Pea!!!

12 comments:

The Griffins said...

Congratulations!! Hannah is absolutely beautiful! She doesn't even look like a newborn- just a pretty, little girl!! I'm so happy for you guys! What a doll!!

Tiffany said...

I talked to my mom yesterday and she told me you were expecting another little girl, heck I didn't even know you were pregnant. Hopefully with your new addition you'll update us more often on your blog, but probably not since you'll be busier. Hannah is adorable.

Whitney said...

What a beautiful little girl! I LOVE all that hair! Congratulations, you guys! We are so excited for you. It was great talking to you yesterday! Hopefully you're getting some sleep :) Can't wait to see more pics :)

Anonymous said...

oh she is so DARN CUTE!! Congradulations being a mother of two is so fun! And you have 2 girls I am glad you updated your blog I was wondering when you would. Next time I am in Rexburg will be over mothers day weekend I would love to stop by and see you guys!!

Andrew and Collette said...

Congratulations! Hannah is adorable!

Shari said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I am so happy for you.

Jenny said...

WOW! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Holy cow, congrats to the both of you! :)

Rachel Johnson said...

YOU POSTED!!! I almost died when Mark told me to check your blog!! I was waiting and waiting and waiting! I am so happy that all went well during the delivery and after! We love you guys and hope all goes well when we send mom and dad over. We can't wait to see you guys in June! See ya!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you!! Is she a good sleeper like Abby? You have such beautiful girls.

Morgan said...

Well, you know that I love her. And you. It was good to see you and thanks for letting me crash so late at night for a visit, and thanks for letting me eat like ALL of your yummy bread. I will see you sometime. We arent coming this weekend, as JEREMY FINISHED SCHOOL/INTERNSHIP AND GRADUATES IN A WEEK! Mark, I told Jeremy that you missed him and he says me misses you too. :)
Hugs
Morgan

Brian said...

Hilary!! Congratulations on your adorable little girl!! I hope everything's going well for you!!

Brian said...

Congratulations to both of you!! She is so beautiful just like your first baby! Mark, we're still planning a ten-year Rexburg reunion for the very end of July. Will you guys be around then? We'd love to come by and visit. Dave and Steve are both coming for sure, and I just talked to Chris a few days ago. He's flying out as well. Let me know when you get a chance. (310) 482-8403 or belledge@atsu.edu Take care!! :)