Sunday, May 15, 2011

A whole lot of everything!!! Part 2

Okay so where did I leave off. 

Hannah's Birthday... that's right.  Well our destructive little angel turned 2 this year.  I can't believe she has been with us that long.  She is a wild child and keeps up very well with her big sister in EVERYTHING!!!  She is sweet, and doesn't say much, but still finds ways to be sassy when she wants too.  We love her anyway.

Hannah on the day she was born
And Hannah on her 2nd Birthday!!
We planned a big party to celebrate at the end of the week, but when her actual birthday (thursday) came, I felt like we needed to do something for her.  So we invited Mike and Becca over for dinner and dessert.  She didn't quite get the point of the candles.  Abby and Mark mostly helped her blow them out.  But it was a fun night with lots of attention for Hannah.

Saturday was the big day!  Abby's final dance recital, and Hannah's birthday party.

Abby's dance group was performing their last dance recital, performing in front of family and friends.  Abby participated in two dances this time.  The learned a dance to "I'm a little teapot" and a Tinkerbell song.  She was in heaven.  Abby has been missing dance since it ended.  She is really looking forward to starting again next year.
 Abby and her dance teacher Michelle.  Abby LOVED her!
 Our pretty little dancer, showing of the flower she got from daddy and her dance pictures.  It was a great recital.

After the recital we headed over to Big J's for Hannah's party.  Since my parents own the place we got special treatment.  I was able to reserve the back room and decorate before the recital.  We bought pizza for everyone, and made a cake to celebrate.  I think Hannah knew better how to act at this party.  She was able to blow out the candles by herself, and was truly the life and center of the party.

My grandpa modeling the decorations. You can't see from this picture but there were balloons...lots of balloons (a must have for any party Abby is attending.)
There's the party girl!
Hannah clearly enjoyed the pizza!  I mean on the forehead, c'mon Hannah

Next came the cake,  Hannah knew what it meant this time.
Finally the presents!  Hannah had A LOT of help opening her presents, thus very few clear shots of her. 

M n'M's,  her favorite.
I love Hannah's face on this one.  Abby had gotten a hold of her new magnents and clearly she waiting for her to give them back.  What a look!
For her birthday, Hannah got promoted to a real bed.  We were very nervous about this transition, but overall it went over better than we expected.  Anyways for her birthday present from us I made this quilt for her "new" bed.  (Project #3).  I made one for Abby for her birthday last year, only pink instead of purple.  Hannah thinks she is pretty cool being in a big girl bed.
Overall I think Hannah had a great couple of birthday parties, and we look forward to another great year with her and her budding personality.  We love you Hannah!

And then there was Sunday... Easter Sunday.  It was such a great Easter.  We started out the day with baskets from the Easter bunny and an egg hunt.  I love that both the girls were old enough this year to really get into it.  This is what the Easter bunny left for them. 

An outfit for each of them (of course matching), treats, a book, and the tractor to go along with their farm they got for Christmas.
They were very excited about the book.
We then quickly got ready for church, where we were blessed to hear a beautiful Easter program put on by our choir, with a few speakers thrown in.  It was really great, and reminded me what Easter is really about.  I am not sure where the eggs and the Easter bunny fall into the whole scheme of things.  But I am truly grateful for what Christ did for us and that we will be able to live with him and our families again.  

After church we were invited to my parents house for Easter dinner.  Definitely your traditional Easter dinner (at least as far as ham goes).  My sister hid a whole bunch of eggs outside for the girls to find.  They loved it, and we loved the beautiful weather.

Both took finding those eggs very seriously!!
Showing off their treasures!
We had a great Easter, and are so grateful for the family we got to share it with.  To all other family members...we missed you very much, and look forward to the next time we get to see you!


No comments: