Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's finally Christmas... ahem!


I know I'M sick of looking at the girls in their halloween costumes (I mean it's almost Valentines Day for crying out loud!)  And if I am sick of it, I can imagine YOU guys are sick of it too (that is if anyone still reads this blog!).  So here's to another update!

We had a great Thanksgiving as well as Christmas.  Thanksgiving was spent here and pretty uneventful (hence no pics).  Christmas, however, was spent in Boise with Mark's sis and her family.  His parents and younger brother and his family met up with us there too (or should we say we met up with them!).  The girls had a great time playing with their cousins and us mom's had fun comparing our new babies.

Before we were Boise bound the girls and Mark decorated our christmas tree.  Didn't they do a good job decorating?  (Besides that big patch of tree where the lights decided to stop working after I had gotten them on the tree!  STUPID! LIGHTS!)
For the last few months the girls have been obsessed with sleeping together AND with everything else in their room.  It's always fun until someone gets hurt (or rolls out of bed!).  But please notice their fun and festive pillowcases!
Lucy and Ruby (Who's older?) 
See what I mean...we totally compared (in a good way though!)
Abby holding her new baby cousin Madison.  I absolutely LOVE this picture of Abby!
Grandma Bates bought a gingerbread cookie kit for the kids.  It was a great afternoon activity.  They were so proud of their cookies.
My sis-in-law lives next door to her in-laws, and every year they hitch up (literally) the wagon trailer and go caroling around the neighborhood.  We were fortunate enough to participate this year.  So. Fun.
Our Christmas Eve Nativity Program was definitely Broadway worthy!  I mean just look at these costumes.
Despite the fact that our costumes were made from old pajamas and such and that our acting skill were far from mind-blowing, the kids had a great time and really took their parts seiously.  It was a great reminder of what we were really celebrating that day.
Our very own Mrs. Claus (Lucy) and Mrs. Mr..Claus (Madison). 
I guess I really don't need to say how much they DID NOT like this photo shoot! 
(Pictures really do say 1000 words don't they!)

We had a great vacation complete with beautiful weather, (I really don't want to mention too much about the weather, but aren't we having such a lovely, MILD winter!) yummy food and great company.  We can't wait for the next time we can visit.  We love you and miss you guys!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So good to see pictures of Lucy!