Sunday, September 29, 2013

Abby's 6th Birthday!

Abby celebrated her 6th birthday on Friday.
It's cliche to say....I know... but I cannot believe it's been SIX years since she was born!
Time sure does fly when your having fun!
And fun we've had.

Here's how we celebrated her special day...

For breakfast....
We broke out the whipping cream and sprinkles and adorned her fancy "6" pancake (totally Mark's doing) with them.
She loved it!
Then it was off to school where she was sung to and made to feel extra special all day.

That night we celebrated by having a "S'more Bar"!
It has been beautiful weather up until this week and then of course the rain and cold weather came.  Bummer!!
So since the campfire option was out, I had to get creative and figure out a way to make the s'mores indoors.
I did a lot of research and finally decided to use these sterno candle thingys. They worked fabulously!
Along with the "authentic" s'mores, I made some SUPER yummy s'more bars as well!
That's what we used to hold her candle as we sang to her.
Did I mention they were SUPER yummy!?!
 After the singing was over we let everyone loose to create their s'mores!

Next we opened presents.
She got LOTS of new bows and headbands!
 Some clothes for her doll...
And some Barbie dolls.  Yep can't believe we are there already.
She has been asking me to get all my old Barbie stuff out for awhile now.  I just wasn't quite ready to get it.
But after all the begging and pleading I wrapped it all up and gave it to her as a present (well, multiple ones!)
Call it cheating....call it cheap.... but she loved it and it what she wanted.  What can I say!
However, after this mess, I'm questioning how smart it really was
 and if it is worth hearing multiple times how this was the best birthday EVER!!!
Of course it was...right!?!

Anyways needless to say, I think she had a fabulous birthday.
Thanks to everyone who came and called to make her feel loved and special.

Happy Birthday Abby!
We LOVE you so so much!!!

No comments: