Monday, February 17, 2014

Love Day

Valentine's Day was NOT the most romantic, and definitely NOT the most original,
but I was with the ones I love most and that's just how I wanted it!

Earlier in the week the girls and I made our heart shaped crayons (again!) for their classmates Valentine's.
This will probably be the last year I can get away with making them,
but it's great for getting rid of all the broken crayons that my girls refuse to use!
I also got asked to help out with Abby's Valentine's Party for her class.
It was SOOOO much fun!
I was in charge of the game so I brought Valentine's Bingo.
It was so sweet to see how excited the little kids got over something so simple.
A great reminder for me to sit back and enjoy the simple things

On Valentine's Day we kicked off the morning with some YUMMY red-velvet pancakes.
The girls and I discovered this recipe a few years ago and everytime I ask the girls what we should have for dinner, without fail they suggest these pancakes!
I figured Valentine's morning was the perfect occasion to finally indulge them!
Super sweet but SUPER DELICIOUS!!!
My mom and Heidi joined the festivities.
I invited them out not only for Valentine's breakfast but to say farewell to Aunt Heidi.
 She was going to Hawaii for the week!  We are going to miss her!
Sammy rose to the occasion with his Red Hawaiin shirt!

Mark and Abby didn't have school so we pretty much vegged out the rest of the day.
That night, however, we were back to celebrating.
Mark bought each of the girls (including me) a flower and a balloon.
It was funny because he usually gives them the flowers for breakfast, but this year he was a little late.
The girls noticed and were definitely dissappointed when there was not flower at the table for them.
Luckily he came through at dinner.
For dinner we got a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's
The girls thought it was the most amazing thing ever!
Then we watched some Olympics while slurping on our "Cupid Floats"!
On a side note: Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE watching the Olympics!!!
The girls must have had a great time that night because they recreated the whole thing the next day in the playroom.
They even took this picture!
Cute girls!
I am so grateful for Valentines day and the cute little family I get to share it with!
I LOVE you Mark, Abby, Hannah, Lucy, and Sam!

No comments: