Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Grandpa Broc's Graduation!

My dad, after 40 years of being self-employed and his own boss, got a job!
A real, set schedule, consistent paycheck, full-benefits kind of JOB.
(Random, I know, but insurance costs were killing my parents pocketbook.)
He will be working at the St. Anthony Work Camp, guarding prisoners as they do various jobs around the area.
I know he'll do great! 
(His beard has always had that distinguished yet dont mess kind of look, am I right?!)
Anyways, "the job" required some pretty instense police training at the Idaho State Police Academy in Boise.
After four grueling weeks of studying, training, testing and even getting beat up and pepper sprayed, he "graduated".
We were so proud of him and his accomplishment that we decided to attend his graduation.

We headed over a few days early to do some shopping!  I forget how deprived we are over here!
We met up with my dad each night for dinner!
 After dinner the girls and I would then head over to Tyler and Rachel house to play.
Abby and Emma
Jack and Sam

All the cute little kiddos!
Friday was the big graduation day!
We met up with dad at the Idaho State Police Training Academy.
 It was a short and sweet graduation ceremony.  Would you expect anything else?
My favorite part was when they told them that they were never too good to be gentleman and ladies!
The graduates were then "sworn in", promising to... in a nutshell...
 Afterwards they received their diplomas (is that what you would call it?) and badges!
 And then presented to the audience!
  His (and hers) #1 Fan!!!
 We are so proud of Grandpa and for all of his hard work!
 After the graduation we took to the car and headed home!
Such a fun little get-a-way!

No comments: