Mr. Sammy turned 6 months old!
(Ugh, I seriously despise how fast these little ones grow up!)
*Warning: MAJOR Sam overload
(*Totally off the subject of Sam - but definitely one of the reasons behind this post) I have recently come across a couple of blogs whose authors have experienced some very tragic events in their lives (one's husband was murdered and the other's daughter accidently drowned). Despite these huge trials they have continued to stay positive in their lives and remained faithful to their beliefs (both are member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). Reading their stories has been an inspiration to me in so many ways. They are both such incredibly strong and amazing women! Anyways, many times throughout their posts, both have suggested enjoying EVERY moment with your loved ones, because you never know when it will be the last moment with them (a great reminder of the resolution I made this year). Along with that, Ashley (the one whose daughter drowned) has also inspired me to be better at documenting our life, big things AND small ...for memory sake.
So, long story short, here's me documenting some favorite memories of one of my favoritest people EVER!
First off Sam's Measurements
Weight - 17 lbs 12 oz. (53%) - 2nd heaviest compared with the girls - Lucy was #1
Height - 26.5 in. (51%) - Dead last compared to the girls!
In conclusion, I've got a SHORT and SQUISHY baby boy!
And then a little bit about Sammer Jammer that I want to remember... FOREVER!!!
Sam is such a GOOD baby! Super easy going and content! I love it!
He has three big sisters who ADORE him, and for the most part he tolerates their constant need to cuddle.
HOWEVER, sometimes a man just needs his space... and at that point... he does a pretty good job at letting them know.
I seriously smother him in about a MILLION kisses a day. His cheeks are simply irresistible!
He LOVES bathtime, although he doesn't get it as much as he would like. Its the fourth kid thing, I think!
He's rolling ALL over the place. Both ways. (It took him a while to roll over to the left)
And he has recently learned to twist his way around and scoot backwards... the total opposite way he would like to go!
But the day he starts moving forward is coming real soon.... and then I think we will be in a bit of trouble.
Sammer is such a wiggle worm! Sitting still on my lap is a rare occasion.
He's just always loved to stand up!
So his best friends are the jumper and the excersaucer.
Sam is constantly chewing on anything and EVERYTHING he can get his chubby little hands on.
He will seriously eat your face off if you get it close enough.
But his toes are his FAVORITE chew toys.
I haven't started Sam on solid foods yet.
I'm excited to start and yet dreading it all at the same time. (is that even possible?)
He seems content and can go quite awhile between feedings (wakes up only once during the night!)
so I haven't been in any hurry, but we will have to start soon....ish!
This is a typical sight for Sammy. Spit up stains and drool are his trademark!
He is definitely more vocal than the girls (at least that I can remember).
He loves to sing and screech and spit and smile.
We go back and forth calling him Smiley Sam and Screecher Sam.
I ABSOLUTELY love to listen to him talk and coo! Even at 2am!
It is so easy to make Sammer giggle (he's ticklish in all the squishy places) and his laugh is SUPER DUPER contagious!
Although, the poor guy always ends up with some painful sounding hiccups. Sorry Buddy!
All in all, he's adorable and I LOVE him!
The End!!
Dear Sammer,
I'll be the first to admit that I was really, REALLY nervous and a tad bid disappointed when I found out I was having a boy. It was nothing personal buddy, I just hadn't met you yet. I was comfortable having all girls and I just kept thinking how much easier it would be. I can honestly say now THANK GOODNESS Heavenly Father is in charge and not me! HE knew that once I did meet you I would understand how much I needed you, and that I truly could love you the way I was suppose to. I am so grateful that he trusted me enough to send your sweet spirit to our family. All the worries and doubts about having a boy vanished the second the doctor's let me hold you. And at that point I knew I was in LOVE. Sam, you immediately brought so much joy and happiness into my world and our family. Happiness, that I didn't even know was missing. And you've been bringing it ever since, kiddo.
Sammy you definitely have this momma wrapped around your chubby little finger and I hope and pray that we will stay best buds FOREVER! Thanks for being such a happy and sweet little boy. I LOVE you more than words could describe. Happy 6 months sweet boy!
Sammy you definitely have this momma wrapped around your chubby little finger and I hope and pray that we will stay best buds FOREVER! Thanks for being such a happy and sweet little boy. I LOVE you more than words could describe. Happy 6 months sweet boy!
Love, Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment