This sweet baby girl, turned 5 years old last week!
I asked her almost everyday if she felt 5 yet, she would always say no. Until Sunday.
During church she informed me that she finally felt 5. :)
Oh to feel 5 again!
When Hannah was first born I remember thinking she was so small.
There is a HUGE difference between a 7 lb baby and a 9 lb baby!
I remember saying over and over again, "She is so small! I cannot believe how small she is!"
The next most common comment was always about her hair!
She was born with some pretty amazing dark brown hair!
None of my other babies have even come close!
I once got asked what ethnicity she had in her!
She was a gorgeous baby and I loved her immediately!
Flashforward five years and...
She's still a petite little thing! Weighing in at 36.5 lbs - 27 %!
And is probably my fairest skinned, lightest hair girl now.
She's still a petite little thing! Weighing in at 36.5 lbs - 27 %!
And is probably my fairest skinned, lightest hair girl now.
Except for one little patch of black hair.
I noticed a little streak of black underneath the top layers of her hair a few years ago.
I thought it was interesting and used it as proof that she once had really really dark hair!
She didn't want a hair cut for the longest time because she was afraid her "black" hair would go away.
She didn't want a hair cut for the longest time because she was afraid her "black" hair would go away.
Throughout the years that streak of black hair has continued to thicken and is now quite the chunk.
I am little curious to see if her black hair will return one day!

Hannah's hair follows suit with the rest of her personality... just a little bit QUIRKY!
Now obviously there are several other words that could also describe Miss Hannah, like...
Silly and clever and loveable and stubborn and smart and creative and happy and determined and sweet.
But she's definitely got a bit of quirkiness in her!
It's one of the things we love most about her!
Here's a little qlimpse into the quirky world of Hannah Ho!
As of right now....
Hannah loves ALL things sparkly and pink and girlie!
She's definitely a girly girl with her own set of fashion rules.
Her outfits rarely match (unless she's going to preschool...and then I insist!)
and consists mostly of the same shirt, skirt, and heels (my heels).
She loves anything that makes her feel and look mature and beautiful, hence the heels.
Her favorite outfit currently is an elastic neck nightgown pulled down to her waist as really long skirt,
paired with a ruffly pink shirt with another shirt pulled over her neck around her shoulders as bolero type thing.
(see what I mean... Quirky, Clever, and Creative right there!)
Or some sort of dress-up costume.
Hannah is a great sister and awesome friend.
She can get along with anyone.
She's is VERY easy to please (a pink scarf and umbrella proves that!)
And even easier to entertain.... dress-ups and some disney music go along way at our house!
She is sweet and caring and has a smile that can melt your heart....and it does daily!
I mean, how could you not love this face!
Happy Birthday Love Bug!
I love you more than you will ever know!
Dear Hannah Nana,
I cannot believe it was five years ago that you came into our lives. I am so grateful for the opportuntity to be your mom. Throughout these last five years you have taught me so much. As I watch your big brown eyes light up over some sparkly nailpolish and your very own pack of tic-tacs, you teach me to find joy in the little things! When I hear your sweet giggle as you dance around the living room to some disney tunes, you teach me it's okay to be silly and have fun! And sweet Hannah, you teach me patience EVERYTIME it's your turn to clear the table. I hope that you will forever continue to teach me these sweet lessons because I know I am a better mom and person because of you sweet pea!
Hannah, I know we don't always see eye to eye, (especially when cleaning your room....sorry sis, but I will ALWAYS find your things stashed under your bed!) but always remember I love you so SO much. I cannot imagine my life with out you in it. Here's to the next 5 years girlie!
Love, Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment