Monday, October 8, 2007

Abigail's First Bath

We gave little Abby her first bath the other day. Grandma Thompson came over to "teach" us the right way to bath a newborn. (Altough I think she was just as nervous to do this as we were). We prepared ourselves for the worst, but surprisingly she seemed to enjoy the warm water. (Although from these pictures you would have never would assume it!) She was really quite content until it came time to wash her hair, and that is when dad finally came with the camera.
After we finished washing her hair (oh the drama), got out of the tub and into her warm bathrobe... (we were so excited to finally use this!) Abby calmed rightdown, forgot about the trauma and fell right to sleep .... well almost! I would have to say this first attempt was a success. We are excited to attempt the bath again soon (this time without any help from grandma!) Will it be as successful? We shall see! Wish us luck! :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

More??! I LOVE it! (yes, I love commenting too :) Those first baths were so nerve wrecking for me! That's great that she liked it for the most part though. I love the little bath robe. She looks adorable in it.

Garrett and Mindy Sessions said...

You guys have a good looking baby. I think ours is going to look like an alien for the first few months. He will take after his father.

ali said...

Hi Mark! It's Ali, Garrett's sister! Congrats on the new baby. Is she a "Bates" or what?

Say, where are Jim and Dave's blogs anyway? I have this dream to get all of my old high school friends blogging so that we can all keep in touch!

Great to see your blog and a little about what you've been up to! Enjoy your new babe!