Sunday, August 10, 2008

Abby's 1st Camping Trip! What A Goodie!

Last Wednesday my family, Abby and I (Mark had to stay home because of our kitchen disaster...see Caution: Post) went on an overnight camping trip. We went to Birch Creek Campground...literally out in the middle of nowhere! But it was beautiful and a WHOLE lot of fun! We took the four-wheelers and fishing poles and enjoyed the time we had to spend in the beautiful great outdoors!

Abby had so much fun playing in ALL the dirt...really she got FILTHY!!! But you know I wasn't about to fight her.... she was just having WAY too much fun!

The only thing about her getting so dirty was getting her clean...How would I get her clean again!?! (That was the million dollar question!) Just washing her hands before dinner took about four wipes...each hand! I wasn't about to use all my wipes to clean her off to just get dirty again! Uuummm???? There was the creek (I thought)...but I couldn't do that to my sweet Abby! No way!

And then as we were visiting around our camp... there it was...the solution to my internal debate! The stock pot of warm water (primarily used for washing dishes...but in a pinch can also be used as a make-shift bathtub for little ones!) Hey it works!

And don't worry we monitored the temperature of the water and pot VERY carefully! But it worked perfect! She LOVED it! Just look at the gleeful look on her face as she splished and splashed in the stock pot!

We eventually got Abby all clean and ready for bed...Phew! After a peaceful night sleep...ZZzzz! YEAH RIGHT!! It decided to rain on us ALL night long! It probably hadn't rained for 3 months, but the one night we were there it POURED (or so it felt like)! Anyways...after a peaceful night sleep...for Abby.... we awoke to slighlty damp dirt.... (I swear it had rained more than that!?!) And Abby hit the dirt pile yet again! We had to "bath" her once more before we left, but she didn't mind! We made it home safe and sound...and somewhat clean... and decided we had so much fun camping...(and now we know how to get Abby clean after a long day in the dirt)...I think we may go again next week!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What an awesome picture!

Klingler said...

How cute. It's so good to keep up with you and your fun family. Hope the kitchen excitement is coming to an end for you. I know what it's like. We had a fire in our house a year ago that put us out of commission for a bit. Take care!!