Monday, August 18, 2008

We're getting there people!

Day 14 - Subflooring
That's right folks ...we've got subflooring. I can't believe the difference it made to have decent plywood installed over the YUCKY whatever that was! Anyways here are a couple of pictures of the new subflooring! Wahoo!
Day 15 - Flooring
The VERY next day....(Yeah we couldn't believe it either)... they came to install the floor! It took them all day, but hey it looks amazing! I absolutely love it! What do you think? (The pictures really don't give it justice though)
Day 20 - Scraping, Filling, Taping...YUCK!
Since we have been in a mess for a couple weeks now, we decided... hey what's a couple more days...and got the bright idea to paint the entire kitchen/pantry area! It was a perfect opportunity! Anyways so today we scraped off some of the residue left from the previous baseboards (it was the rubber kind you glue on..yeah no fun!), we have filled in holes, and taped trim...all so my dad can begin painting ASAP! (Seriously I think my dad got the better end of the deal!) I got this picture of Abby "helping" dad! It was ADORABLE...if I do say so myself!

Well we look forward to the completion of this MAJOR construction project and will keep you posted on any improvements that occur in the near future...Meanwhile stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey it is looking good! Next time we are in town we should go out. Or else we will stop by to say hi! Your little girl is getting so big wow!

Morgan said...

Okay...so you guys planned that just right: sabotage the fridge so that water explodes everywhere and we get a new house...basically...awesome! I am glad for you, and will be over soon to look at it and be jealous of it...and wish I had a house...sigh...see you soon!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

I love it!!

Klingler said...

wow - thiings are coming together. Hope it keeps finishing up for ya'll.

Whitney said...

It's looking sooo good! I can't wait to see the finished project! So exciting!