Tis the season, for those yucky germs and viruses.
Well they got us!. Last weekend I could tell Hannah was coming down with something. By tuesday, I had had enough of her coughing... and truth be told, I am sure she did too. So, first thing that morning, I took her to the urgent care. After testing all ten fingers and all ten toes for her oxygen levels (they couldn't believe the results) we were sent to the hospital for further testing. To make a VERY long story short ... she tested positive for RSV, we were admitted, stayed the night, and released by the next afternoon. No hospital stay is ever pleasant... and this one was NO exception. It was a very long and ridiculus stay for both Hannah and I.
This picture says it all...

In the middle of the night, the WONDERFUL Respitory Therapist suggest taping the oxygen to her pacifier (rather than following her around with a face mask). The best idea ever!
Meanwhile...
Back at home with Mark, Abby was coming down with a little something as well. So Mark then took her to the urgent care. She was diagnosed unofficially with RSV too!! (This just after I decided to clorox my whole house...you know, just in case!) So two trips to the Urgent Care, one night at the hospital, and who know how much $$$ later, We have...
This every six hours
and this every four!
5 comments:
good heck friend. i am so sorry that you have this going on. keep your chin up. i know you are a good mommy-all will be well.
miss you.
I am so sorry you guys! I feel for ya, and I can't believe we were in the hospital nearly at the same time. What is with these kidlets!? I am very impressed Hil you are doing awesome with updating your blog. Keep it coming girl! Love ya and hopefully you find a cheep flight down here! Then we can PARTY!! See ya and hang in there!
Wow! Both kids with RSV. I hope they get feeling better!!
Soo sad to see those sweet little girls feeling so sick. Hopefully they're starting to feel better! Spring needs to get here already so we can be done with all these INSANE "winter" bugs!
Oh Hil!! I'm so sorry! That is the worst for sure!! Maya got RSV last year and was in the hospital for a week- and we still came home with Oxygen and the oxygen monitor!! It was the WORST! I feel your pain- and I know you are the best mommy ever! You can pull through all those treatments :) Good luck, you are ni our prayers! I hate winter for this very reason...
Post a Comment