Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creativity.... I've got it. A little!!

My mom is left-handed. With that comes a very creative mind.  Or so they say.  (If you know my mom, you know that it's true!!!) 

I am right-handed. With that comes a not-so creative mind. 
(Okay so maybe not, I know alot of right-handed creative people too, it must just be me!) 

I've always wanted to be left-handed and creative,
but alas I am right-handed and not creative.  

However, I think I may have awakened my inner left-handed and creative self.  
Eh! Maybe not awakened, more like startled it a bit.  I AM still right-handed.

With that said I want to show you a project I recently did.  It may not be the most creative or beautiful thing you've ever seen.  But for me it's enough.  If anything it just added a little color to my shelf and my life, during this bleak and cold Idaho winter.  And maybe, just maybe, it may start my creative juices flowing (or slowly dripping).  Only time will tell.


I am talking about the block letters.  These blocks were candlesticks used to decorate my wedding luncheon.  They have been sitting in a box for six years now.  So I thought I might put them to better use.  Anyways it's not a super great picture (I am researching new digital camera's at the moment).  I just thought I might share this before I take the Valentine's decorations down.

4 comments:

Rachel Johnson said...

Whoa, whoa wait a second!! Did you not just totally revamp your blog and do fun fonts and update like twice?!!! What in the world has gotten into you? Hilary- are you okay? do I need to come feel your forehead to see if it is smokin hot!!! I am totally impressed!! Keep it up girlie with your left handed brain! Awesome!

Morgan said...

YOU KNOW I LOVE THEM! I didnt know the blocks were candlestick holders from your wedding. look at you getting all craft junky on me!

Tiffany said...

I think they look awesome, and it's more valentine's decorating than I did!

Jenny said...

So cute! And no worries I'm not creative either, although I wish I was :)