Abby's favorite holiday is Easter! I'll agree... It is a good one!
What with...
Spring on its way.
Cute baby bunnies and ducks literally EVERYWHERE!!!
Super YUMMY Easter Candy! (I was definitely out of control this year! No Joke!)
Good Food, Great Company!
All in celebration of the greatest gift we have been given! The Savior and His Resurrection!
Our Easter weekend was FANTASTIC, with the weather being absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
It all started out with the traditional dying of the Easter Eggs.
Lucy really got into the egg dying!!!
We don't get too creative with our eggs here at the Bates house!
But we do a thorough job, anyways.
There was like 101 people who came to help or show support!
Super Fun! The girls had a blast!
The next day my sister went through the Temple for the first-time!
It was special to go through with her so close to Easter. (Although I almost didn't get to go in!)
It really put into perspective for me what we are celebrating on Easter Sunday.
The next day was Easter!
We held off on the egg hunt until after church and dinner when all the cousins would be able to participate.
But the girls got to find their baskets.
Abby was the first one to wake up and once she realized that the Easter bunny had come, she ran up to tell Hannah.
I have NEVER seen Hannah get out of bed so fast! EVER!!!!
They were all super excited about their new bath toys and shampoo.
I think Hannah's mind has not quite caught up to her body yet! Haha!
After Easter baskets and breakfast, it was time to get ready for church.
It's a good thing we had 1:00 church (about the only time you will ever hear me say that) because the girls DID NOT want to get out of the bath.
I was asked (more like assigned) to host Easter dinner at my house.
I really didn't mind! It all turned out great!
Like I mentioned, our egg hunt was after dinner.
The kids were more then ready for it by then.
It took Lucy a little while to catch onto the idea. But once she got it she was out there for HOURS looking for "more eggs" (the ones that would drop out of her basket as she bent down to pick up one! Cutest thing EVER to watch!
They all had a great time and I am so glad to have so many family members and friends to celebrate this holiday with!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter too!
No comments:
Post a Comment