Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sammer's Surgery

Mr. Sammer Jammer had a little surgery yesterday morning.
Nothing major, but I still hated every minute of it.

Ever since Sam was born his left eye has always been a bit goopy.
It seems like my girls eyes were too, but they always cleared up on their own.
Sammy's just wouldn't clear up.
So we decided it was time for a little intervention.
We took him to an eye doctor and after the examination, Dr. Fullmer felt like surgery was needed to fix it.

It was decided that Tuesday morning would be the big day.
The girls had a sleepover with Aunt Heidi since the surgery was schedule bright and early.

Such a happy little guy despite being woken up and not allowed to eat.
Once they were ready for us, they took us back, told us what to expect, and gave him this cute little teddy bear.
And of course, into the mouth it goes first thing!
Once the doctor arrived they took him back to the operating room,
and shuffled us off into the waiting room.
This is seriously the part I hate most!  I HATED not being with my baby!
Thankfully, less than ten minutes later he was done and we were able to go see him.
They said he was a champ!!! (The actual word used was "stoic"!)
So proud of my big, brave, boy!
The surgery went as well as expected.
And really, not as traumatic on him (or me) as I thought.  (Still hated it!)
In fact, Sam's acted like nothing even happened.
I am grateful things went smoothly and hoping it will heal properly!
(There's a chance it will close up again in the healing process and we may have to do it again! Ugh!) 

No comments: