I have a billion reasons of why I love summer.
Berry picking is one of them.
I love the sweet taste of fresh berries right off the bush.
I love how accomplished I feel after a successful pick.
I love trying them in new recipes and preserving them in some old recipes.
I love that my girls are old enough to help!
And I love that they can learn to appreciate the work and love and patience involved with picking berries.
My Grandpa and Grandma Thompson have the most amazing raspberry patch.
And they are always so gracious and share with us.
So when they were ready we grabbed our buckets and twine and set out to pick raspberries.

We picked a few different times and froze several gallons of raspberries this year.
The day after we got back from California, my dad wanted to take us Huckleberry picking.
The huckleberries are AMAZING this year. The bushes are totally filled.

There was no way I was going to let Sam loose to get lost in the underbrush.
So we strapped him in and gave him his puffs. He was content!

Mmmm!

After a couple of hours we had picked two gallons and called it good!
Here's to the next generation of Huckleberry pickers!
And I love that they can learn to appreciate the work and love and patience involved with picking berries.
My Grandpa and Grandma Thompson have the most amazing raspberry patch.
And they are always so gracious and share with us.
So when they were ready we grabbed our buckets and twine and set out to pick raspberries.
We picked a few different times and froze several gallons of raspberries this year.
The day after we got back from California, my dad wanted to take us Huckleberry picking.
The huckleberries are AMAZING this year. The bushes are totally filled.
There was no way I was going to let Sam loose to get lost in the underbrush.
So we strapped him in and gave him his puffs. He was content!
Three generations of huckleberry pickers!
Mmmm!
After a couple of hours we had picked two gallons and called it good!
Here's to the next generation of Huckleberry pickers!
1 comment:
Awesome - one of the best things about the west...berries!! Yes after picking raspberries at our place and then going with my mom to pick BLACKberries at the neighbors Madison was a bit confused - ended up with plenty of unripe red blackberries! She had fun though! Oh and I looked at mikes "Growth chart" of the girls...can you imagine Sam 3 in. taller cause that was how tall Madison was at 9 mo and roughly the same weight! Crazy! I have forgotten how tall she was from the start!
Post a Comment