Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sammy - 9 months old!

Now that Sam is officially 10 months old I thought I had better get going with his 9 month post.
I have been MIA for the last month or so, so bare with me as I get updated!  
It was pretty much impossible to get Sam to sit still long enough to get a decent sitting picture.
So enjoy the series of pictures from our little photo shoot! :)

Sam is mobile now and he seriously doesn't stop moving... like EVER!!! .
Shortly after his 6 months post, Sammy began crawling and mastered it pretty quickly.
Unlike the girls, he immediately started out crawling on his hands and knees. 
There was no army crawling or scooting for him!
He goes anywhere he can (and sometimes place he can't) and gets into everything.
I can always tell where Sam has been by the little trail of items out of place that he has left behind.
My kitchen drawers and pantry are Sam's favorite place to explore.
 Since crawling, Sammy has also mastered the stairs (going up) and walking along the furniture.
It's only a matter of time before he lets go and starts walking.  Oh boy!
 I have been asked several times by people whether I notice a difference between Sam and the girls.
Um... ABSOLUTELY!!!
There really is a difference between boys and girls and it amazes me that I can already see it.

Sam is all boy!
He LOVES cars and balls and wheels and dirt and anything with a motor!
He seriously gets the biggest kick out of a bouncing ball.  
Anytime he's in the kitchen with a ball he will toss it, watch it bounce around, and then giggle as he chases it.
It's pretty much the cutest thing ever!
His other favorite thing to play with is cars and wheels.
I have a basket of all kinds of toys for him and he will immediately pick out the toy cars.
He has even started making motor sounds too.
Sam will also tip over our toy shopping cart or doll strollers just to spin the wheels and watch them turn.
And don't even get me started on how much he loves dirt!
Sam has his two bottom teeth and is a champion eater!  Way better than any of the girls!
As long as it the real stuff.
No mushed up baby food for him.  He wants to chew it up like a man!
No joke!  
While we were in California (post coming soon) grandma mashed up some pears and tried to feed him.
He would have nothing to do with them.  
But when she cut the pears into pieces for him, he seriously went to town!
I don't know what it is but Sammy just likes the real stuff.
So far he LOVES... pears and peaches (especially fresh from grandpas house!) watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, carrots, potatoes, bananas, pancakes...okay so pretty much anything.
He HATES green beans!!!
Sammy is still such a happy little guy with a smile on his face constantly.
His personality is starting to develop and he is becoming such a sweet and silly and determined and smart little boy.
It's bittersweet to watch my baby boy grow up!
I love watching him learn and interact and figure things out.
I hate that it's all happening so fast!
I love you Sammer Jammer!  More and more everyday!
I am so grateful for the chance to be your momma!
Happy 9 months buddy!
Keep smiling!!!

Oh!  And I better not forget his measurements!
Weight - 18 lbs 10 oz. (18%) - Only Hannah weighed less at this point.
Height - 27.3 in. (16%) - Tied with Hannah for shortest, but the other girls were within an inch.
Sammy has thinned out some since becoming mobile!  I'm telling you, the kid seriously never stops!

No comments: