Most of my family was gone on Sam's actual birthday, so we celebrated on Monday once everyone returned.
The girls and I tried to figure out something special we could do for him that day,
so we ordered pizza and rented Rio 2.
I'm sure he felt special! :)
Anyways, as I've mentioned before I just cant get over how much of a BOY he is already.
I'm mean there is the obvious differences, but seriously he is so much boy in all that he is and does, it's crazy!
Even down to the way he walks. He's got some definite swagger in his stride!
I knew his "boy"-ness would come sometime, I just didn't realize it would be so soon!
So while I was brainstorming party ideas, I wanted something that would embrace his BOY hood!
There were a ton of ideas like trucks...cars...superhero...etc.
But I wanted to save those ideas for when he was into that stuff.
And then one day while perusing on pinterest I came across this idea for a party!
It was PERFECT!!!
I had my amazing cousin Mindy make this sign and I was off to a great start with the party planning.
This theme allowed for some pretty fun food items!
On the menu:
Giant Snake Sandwich
Snake Skins and dip
Snail shell Salad
Snail Slime
With Puppy Chow
Puppy dog tails
and Cupcakes for dessert!
I am so grateful for being close to so much family so I can justify going all out!
After dinner we opened presents.
While I was putting the food away Sam had found a stray cupcake and went to town. That's why he is undressed!
OF COURSE he loved his ball!
and cars!!!!
This summer at Gpa and Gma Bates' house, Sam loved playing with their bead maze toy.
I have been waiting that long to give him one of his own!
So glad he likes it!
Although he mostly pushes it around the house making car sounds along the way!
After presents it was time for cake!
OF COURSE he was fascinated with the flame!
And then we let him loose to enjoy his cake...officially this time!
He was a little shy at first. I think because there were so many people watching and waiting for him to dig in!
But eventually the chocolate temptation won out and he went to town!
Oh what I do for a few pictures!
HE WAS A MESS! Ha!
I drew the line when he started putting cake in his ears,
I then quickly gave him a bath and let him play with his new toys.
It was a fabulous night and once again I am truly grateful to be surrounded by lots of family.
Sammers you are loved by so many!
Happy Birthday Buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment