There is so much I want to say to you girlie. So much I want you to remember about your life right now. Let me just start out by saying, I can't believe that it's been SEVEN years since you entered this world and changed my life forever! It seems like just yesterday you were that sweet baby girl in her blessing dress. Now you are a smart and spunky and a little bit sassy seven year old! I am so lucky to be your mom! I never really wanted to be anything other than a mom and I always knew someday I would be. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I never could have imagined the amount of joy I feel each day from just being a mom. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to send your sweet spirit into our home.
Abby you are an amazing little girl. Your mature, and wise, and giving, and dependable, and compassionate, and thoughtful, and determined, and kind, and honestly so much more. You are such a great help to anyone who needs it. Your teachers comment on how helpful you are to them at school. Grandma keeps a special list of "Abby jobs" for you and loves it when you can come help her. Daddy loves your help mowing, and I can't even begin to tell you how much of a help you are to me around the house. Thank you for being so happy to help out.
You are also an awesome big sister and a great friend. I admire you ability to make everyone feel happy. There have been many times when you have come home from school with a treat or a toy and immediately shared it with (or even gave it to) Lucy or Hannah because they were sad they didn't have one of their own. There have also been times at school where you have given up your prize or present to someone else because they weren't there or because their's broke. What a great example of selflessness! Abby you have always been very aware of other's feelings and you do an amazing job at putting their feelings before yours. I know that's why every likes you. You recently told me that sometimes you wished that not everyone liked you because they always want to be around you. Someday sis, I promise, you will appreciate being surrounded by lots of friends.
Now, I'll be the first to admit we definitely have our ups and downs, don't we!. We sometimes get frustrated with each other and yell. (It's because we are too much alike sis.) I'm sorry that my patience runs thin sometimes. I'm trying really hard to change that and find a better way to communicate with you. So be patient with me, okay! I just see your amazing potential and have some high expectations for you. You are so talented and smart and mature, that I sometimes forget you are only 7 years old and I need to let you be just that.
You're growing up way to fast sweet pea and although it's fun experiencing all the new things that comes with a seven year old first grader, I find myself trying to push some imaginary brakes on life as I see you growing up to become a beautiful, smart, and independent little girl. I've got this love/hate relationship with growing up! I pray everyday that I will be able to teach you and prepare you for life, that you will surround yourself with good friends, and that you will hold strong to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you so much Miss Abby. Happy 7th Birthday sweet girl! Enjoy it, you'll never be seven again!
Love Momma!
Abby's current stats are...
Height - 48 3/4 inches (64%)
Weight - 52 lbs!
Height - 48 3/4 inches (64%)
Weight - 52 lbs!
1 comment:
Yay! Happy birthday Abby!
Post a Comment