Okay I am back . . . a couple days later, but back none-the-less!
Everytime we go home to CA, Mark wants to take us to the train museum in down town Sacramento. We've always had good intentions to visit, but it was never in the works. Until this trip, and I am SO glad we made time to go. It was a fascinating museum all about trains. We spent a good portion of the morning there and we still missed a WHOLE floor. I definitely want to go back.
So the first floor of the museum was FULL of a variety of real-life trains. Some of them you could even walk through and get a feel of what traveling on a train would be like. They had a dining car, a sleeper car, a refrigerator car, and more. It was SUPER cool. This is where we spent most of the time.
This is what the inside of a postal car would look like.
All the cute little old men were dressed in authentic railcart fashion.
Grandma with all the grandkids . . . that were there this time.
Now this train . . . was HUGE!!! And those are real train tracks.
On the 3rd floor (not sure how we skipped the 2nd floor) was a whole bunch of toy train displays. This was a huge display with multiple trains running throughout. The "sun" even set from time to time and all the lights of the towns and trains would come on. The kids LOVED watching this.
But when the kids weren't watching the trains, they were playing with trains. At the other end they had toy trains that could be played with. Once the kids discovered this area it was hard to pull them away. (I think that is why we didn't go back to the 2nd level.)
So just down from the museum was this old school house. Super fun!
How they did things in the old days is always so fascinating.
What good students these two will make someday.
But recess will definitely be their favorite.
Beautiful Downtown Sac.
I would highly recommend to anyone in the area to visit this place!
So that night we went swimming again, we just had so much fun the first time. Pretty much the same as before only this time, Lucy fell asleep. In her floaty. I was right there, so don't turn me in or anything. It was pretty cute though.
Love It!
Oh, and this time, I jumped in!
Other than that, we just played at home! One of the kids favorite thing to do at home was jump on the tramp with the sprinklers on.
And if this picture is any indication of the great time we had,
then you can tell we played a lot and slept a little.
The girls were EXHAUSTED!
Can't wait to do it again!
2 comments:
I love the old school house SO MUCH! I am glad you got a little vacation from the stress of putting your house together. {we are in the middle of a loud thunderstorm here...love it!}
Also, Lucy was ADORABLE asleep in her thingamajig!
yay! Love your blog updating lately! Thanks for keeping us updated on the west side!! Cute pics and cute girls! I think Madison is going to have so much fun with all those girl cousins...funny picture of Burke and all the girls!! Can't wait to see you guys!!
Post a Comment