Monday, June 4, 2012

We bought a Zoo!

. . . or rather went to the Zoo!  But I got your attention didn't I!?!
(Great movie though, right!?!)

So we have this tradition, maybe not even a tradition - just a coincidence, of going to the Tautphaus Park Zoo every year.  And this year was no exception, only this year I won the four tickets from a local radio station, and Lucy was in attendance.  (You'd think this was the only exciting thing to do around here. . . oh wait, IT pretty much IS!!!)  I have to say though, this time WAS pretty exciting.  The girls were a little older and enjoyed watching the animals, the animals were active, and there was hardly anyone there.  The girls L. O. V. E loved it. 
So for your enjoyment the Tautphaus Park Zoo . . . yet again!
The Lion (at least the male) was in rare form this time.  He was putting on a show for us... posing all pompous and proud...
But it didn't last very long.  When we came back around (for those of you who know this zoo, know it doesn't take that long to get around) they were back to their normal perched and lazy selves.
One of our most favorite parts. . . The plastic animals.
  Hannah was totally afraid of this monkey.  Lucy was fascinated.
And to my Ring-tailed Lemur friend.  Thank you for always putting on a show for us!
The girls love to watch you swing and climb!
Hope you enjoyed your tour of the zoo!

So after we got done with the zoo.  We went and fed the ducks by the temple and then had a picnic.  It was a great way to spend memorial day.

Can you see the whole half of the hot dog bun Hannah just threw!  Yeah we then had to explain to her to only throw little pieces to the birds.  I think the girls were just terrified and wanted to get done as fast a possible. 
Gotta admit I was a bit jumpy too. . . no joke!


No comments: