Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boise Bound

It was Spud Harvest here last week!

Spud Harvest means NO School, yep, even for preschoolers!

No School means a trip to Boise, a VERY long awaited trip to Boise!

Mark was planning on going with us, but decided he had too much work to do, so he stayed home. 
No problem, the girls and I got the house cleaned, the van loaded, goodbyes said, and took off.  (I felt so grown up!). 
We had a wonderful time visiting family, and only wished the week hadn't gone by SO FREAKIN" FAST!

Here are a few pictures recapping our visit.

We stopped at a rest stop somewhere before Mountain Home... around "Bliss" they call it. 
(Nothing "blissful" about it if you ask me!). 
The girls had traveled really well up to this point, but we all needed a little break.  I think Abby's hair says it all! 
Lucy was VERY anxious to get out of her seat, and none too thrilled to get back in, when it was time to go! 
We had a big week, full of some super fun stuff.  Including....

Harvesting GIGANTIC zucchini from the garden to serve for dinner.
Makeovers and art projects!
The makeover was strictly Hannah's idea. 
She felt so beautiful (black Hannah? ... really?), and did not want me wash her "owbreyes" off!  Such a silly girl!
A chilly (that's right Rach, I said it...) Chilly, but exhilarating walk/bike ride.
And enjoying some super YUMMY ice cream sandwhiches.  These totally motivated the kids to do ANYTHING!!!  Awesome!
With just a few chores to be done in between.  Lucy and Ruby helped with these!
Yeah, the only problem was, we WEREN'T unloading!  Yum, Ruby, Yum!?
The girls LOVED playing with there cousins, and I LOVED chatting with my sisters!
(Sorry Becca, why did we not get any pictures?)
Hope to do it again soon!

1 comment:

Michael and Rebecca Bates said...

Seriously Hilary - where was I during all of this??? Pretty sure I was there almost the same amount of time??? Looks like I need to get you all to myself sometime!! I am super impressed with all your pictures though...this is like a new Hilary!!!