Little Miss Lucy turned ONE.
We celebrated with a YUMMY Baked Potato Bar for dinner and SPOOKY pudding cups for dessert.
Followed by presents and pumpkin carving. Super fun night if I do say so!
Even though I am not much into the whole costume and trick-or-treating part of Halloween,
I do love the CUTE decorations and FUN food ideas. And with Lucy's birthday so close to Halloween, I took advantage (and WILL every year until she's old enough to decide otherwise) and tried out some fun halloween ideas.
I love the idea of displaying pictures of the birthday girl. This was my spooky twist.
That picture, there in the frame, is the day we brought her home from the hospital... on Halloween!
Can't believe it's been a year already!
After dinner we sang Happy Birthday to her!
She LOVED it!
And then let her loose on her graveyard pudding cup.
At first she was dainty and delicate, just dipping her cookie and then licking it off ever so gently.
Well that quickly changed.
Yummy!
After Mark got her cleaned up we opened presents.
Lucy got an adorable crocheted hat, a new outfit, and lots of money for her savings account.
The biggest gift of the night, however, was the Fisher Price Little People Zoo we gave her.
I was so excited for her to open it. I knew she would love it.
It has been constantly played with by ALL the girls ever since, so I'd say it was a good choice.
After presents we started the pumpkin carving!
This was serious business for Abby.
She even cleaned out the "guts" all by herself. Probably not her most favorite part.
She wanted a flower and the sun.
AND a flower and sun she got. Thanks to daddy!
Hannah went with a more classic approach.
Uncle Nickle needed some inspiration for his pumpkin. Lucy helped with this.
(*I hesitated adding this picture because it reveals a small portion of the dysfunction of my house...or at least one room. Yes that's my computer... on the floor! But I just LOVE how Lucy had her arm around him! Super Cute!)
Happy Birthday Little Lucy!
Words cannot describe the JOY you bring into our home!
No comments:
Post a Comment