Thursday, September 25, 2014

29 years old! Yikes!

I turned 29 years old on my birthday this year!
Next year is 30!!!  Gasp!
I'm really not that old, am I?

What I wanted to do this year to celebrate was to spend the night at the cabin.
Mark is always so good to do whatever I want... mostly!
.....I would have loved to have driven to Portland and celebrated with you Lizzy!
But since Portland was a no go, the Cabin was the next best thing.
I'll take it!

We left after church on Sunday.
It was pretty cold and rainy.  Typical Labor Day weekend weather, am I right?
This was the temperature at about 2:00 that day!  Brrrr!
Once we arrived Mark started a fire and it soon was nice and cozy inside the cabin!
I'm starting to really love the warmth of a wood burning stove!
I was prepared for the chilly weather and knew we would be spending most of our time indoors.
But that didn't stop us from having fun.
I packed plenty of movies, games, warm clothes, and MY all time favorite cabin treats and snacks.
I literally packed probably a weeks worth of snacks, and we didn't even get to most of them.

The kids pulled out all of my dad's old toys that are stored up there and had a hay day with them.
There is also an old school desk upstairs and the girls played school for quite awhile.
They got tired of Sam "interrupting class" so this is how they took care of the problem!
Threw a bunch of toys at him and blocked the stairs.  Aww, poor Sammy!
We also taught the girls how to play Chicken Foot.  A family favorite!
A shameless selfie with my handsome little guy!
And watched a movie or two!
It was pretty much a perfect night!
I loved everything about it!
I loved hearing the crackling of the fire.
I loved snuggling under my blanket watching some classic kid movies.
I loved hearing the rain beating against the tin roof.
I loved being surrounded by my most favorite people in one of my most favorite places!
I loved recreating these happy memories of my childhood with my little family.
I loved.... I just loved being at the cabin!

When we woke up the next day it was sunny and beautiful.
We decided to take a walk down to the river.
What is it with kids and water!  They just HAVE to throw stuff in it!
We enjoyed the next few hours and headed back home after lunch.
Like with everything else the time went by way too fast.
I am grateful for the time we did get to spend there.
It made for a fabulous birthday!

No comments: