Our Annual Blanchard Family Reunion was scheduled for Sat. Aug 2nd.
So the day after we got back from California family started arriving.
Over the next few days we spent the time having fun and creating memories together.
One afternoon we spent at the Splash Park in Rexburg.
Carousel Rides and Water = A little kiddies heaven!
I got stuck watching the two littles splashing so I don't have any pictures of Abby and Hannah.
But trust me they had just as much fun slipping and sliding as anyone!
Sam was a maniac and absolutely LOVED the water!
The actual day of the reunion was spent at Grandma and Grandpas's house.
We have so many fond memories of Grandpa and Grandma's house, so it was the perfect location.
The whole day was dedicated to doing the things we have come to LOVE about Grandpa and Grandma's.
Grandpa rented the little train for the kids. They loved it!
My Grandparents flood irrigate part of their lawn.
Growing up we always loved playing in the gigantic puddles that accumulated on irrigation days.
I LOVED seeing the next generation enjoying some of the same things we did as little kids.
We also floated the river, swam in the river, went target shooting and paintballing.
The day went entirely too fast for my liking!
That night we roasted smore's! Gotta have s'mores
We ate lots, laughed much, and bonded more than ever!
It was so great to be ALL together as a family.
Happy Family Reunion Blanchard Bunch
Dear Grandpa and Grandma,
I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to grow up near you. And because we lived so close you both have been a big part of my life. I loved it that way. I guess I've just always felt this special connection with you! You've got to admit we've spent a lot of time together over the years. If it wasn't driving with you to Canada to see Minnie Moo, it was sleeping over at your house to escape for the weekend. There were project days, and work days, and cleaning days, and sewing days, and other days I came just to relax. Thank you for always letting me spend that time with you. I always felt welcomed and safe and loved. Your home is filled with happy memories that I will cherish forever and I love that those memories are being shared with the next generation of grandkids. Thank you for making it such a special place for me. Thank you for always being there. And thank you for being the wonderful people you are! I love you and am truly honored to be part of your family!
Yours forever,
Widdy Woo
*My Grandpa passed away a few weeks after our reunion, so I'm feeling a bit sentimental these days! :) Can you tell?
1 comment:
Hilary i had no idea he passed away. I'm sorry. How is your grandma holding up? What a blessing to have been able to get together one last time. Hope you are all well and enjoying a new school year!!
Post a Comment