Like I mentioned in my last post my Grandpa passed away a few weeks ago.
He had been fighting cancer for over two years and it finally got the better of him.
It was hard to see him go, but it's comforting to know he's not suffering anymore!
Times like this makes me really appreciate the Gospel and the knowledge I have of eternal families!
I dedicate this post you Grandpa!
Here are a few things I want to remember about my Grandpa Blanchard.
The "Fonz" had some serious competition with this handsome fella!

Grandpa was born in the same house (and even bedroom) he died in. Not too many people can say that!
Besides a few years for a mission and a couple of summers for school he lived right here on this little piece of heaven!
After his mission he met and married my grandma.
My grandma was quite the hottie, wasn't she?
They had five kids, one of them being my mom.
While my mom was young, Grandpa tried his hand in farming and raised pigs, cows, chickens, and sheep.
He was partial to the sheep and eventually stuck with them. Which is why my kids call him Grandpa Sheep.
I remember many summers helping out with the sheep. I always looked forward to the days we could help.
Grandpa always made us feel so important when he gave each of us a shepherds crook and a job.
I'm sure it would have been a lot easier without us,
but he always made us feel like he couldn't have gotten the job done if we hadn't of been there to help.

Besides farming, Grandpa was a teacher and eventually became a principal.
I love that Mark has that in common with him.
I got to live with my grandma and grandpa for a few months after I was born.
My grandpa was even the one that blessed me at church as baby.
I obviously don't remember that time but I have always felt a special connection with them.
I spent a lot of time at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
Their house was a sacred place to me and I would often use it as an escape from school and life back home.
I felt safe and protected while I was there and I didn't want anyone to know about it.
Just ask Mark!
Family was the most important thing for Grandpa.
He worked so hard to provide and create special memories for all of us.
One thing he did every summer was take us to Lagoon in Utah.
He'd insist on going and paying for us- despite our protests, and yet never rode a single ride.
His joy was watching us kids having fun on all the rides. He would honestly do anything for his family.
This picture was taken one summer there.
While my mom was young, Grandpa tried his hand in farming and raised pigs, cows, chickens, and sheep.
He was partial to the sheep and eventually stuck with them. Which is why my kids call him Grandpa Sheep.
I remember many summers helping out with the sheep. I always looked forward to the days we could help.
Grandpa always made us feel so important when he gave each of us a shepherds crook and a job.
I'm sure it would have been a lot easier without us,
but he always made us feel like he couldn't have gotten the job done if we hadn't of been there to help.

Besides farming, Grandpa was a teacher and eventually became a principal.
I love that Mark has that in common with him.
I got to live with my grandma and grandpa for a few months after I was born.
My grandpa was even the one that blessed me at church as baby.
I obviously don't remember that time but I have always felt a special connection with them.
I spent a lot of time at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
Their house was a sacred place to me and I would often use it as an escape from school and life back home.
I felt safe and protected while I was there and I didn't want anyone to know about it.
Just ask Mark!
Family was the most important thing for Grandpa.
He worked so hard to provide and create special memories for all of us.
One thing he did every summer was take us to Lagoon in Utah.
He'd insist on going and paying for us- despite our protests, and yet never rode a single ride.
His joy was watching us kids having fun on all the rides. He would honestly do anything for his family.
This picture was taken one summer there.
My grandpa also LOVED picnics.
There was always a picnic waiting for us once the work was done,
and even when there wasn't any work to do.
Heck, we went on picnics just for the sake of having a picnic.
He had his favorite spots and he would find any excuse for a picnic.
The day of Grandpa's funeral was perfect. Tough, but perfect!
As I listened to my mom and uncle talk about him and his life I felt so proud to be a part of his family.
He was such an amazing person and a great example.
Grandpa was selfless, honest, giving, hardworking, loyal, loving, supportive and kind.
There were a lot of tears shed that day. We pretty much bawled like babies through our musical number.
But it was evidence to me of how important and special grandpa was to each member of his family.
Grandpa, you should be proud of what you have accomplished on this earth.
I hope we can honor your life and your example, so that you can have as much pride in us as we have of you!
Thank you for your listening ear, your kind words, your wisdom, and your love!
You will be missed, Grandpa!
Until we meet again....





No comments:
Post a Comment